Guidelines and Instructions to Fill Up the Admission Form
Checklist for Filling Online Application Form
- Candidate will have to fill details in various columns as required.
- The application form has separate columns for Mother’s Name and Father’s Name. Both names have to be mentioned in the form. However, in case applicant doesn’t wish to declare the name of either the Mother or the Father, he/she may not be forced to do so and no student will be denied admission on this ground.
- Tick mark the reserved category, if any, and upload the valid supporting documents showing the name of the candidate. Certificates issued in the name of parents will not be valid. If the candidate has not tick marked on the specific reserved category, he/she cannot claim the seat in that category at the time of admission
- Applicant must fill Email ID (compulsory) and Email Ids of the parents (optional).
- Applicant must fill his/her and the parents Telephone Number/Mobile Number (Applicant will receive acknowledgement of the filled Online Form through SMS on his/her mobile number only).
- The column meant for hostel accommodation in the admission form should be filled with YES or NO. There is no separate form for hostel admission. If the candidate does not opt for hostel in the form then he/she cannot claim the hostel seat at the time of admission.
- In case candidate applies for hostel accommodation, he/she must fill complete particulars of local Guardian (resident of Chandigarh/Mohali/Panchkula only).
- Applicant must fill Bank Name, Account Number, IFSC Code of Branch and Aadhar card number (If allotted), EPIC number (Voter Card number) (if allotted).
- For admission, fraction of marks less than the requisite percentage will not be rounded off to the advantage of the candidates i.e. 32.9%, 39.9% and 49.9% will not be rounded off to 33%, 40% and 50% respectively.
- The full name of the Board/University from which the last examination has been passed is to be given e.g. Punjab School Education Board instead of PSEB .
- Candidate will be able to view and can modify the information before final submission of the online application form. After final submission on the last day to apply, modification of form will be locked.
- The applicant should note the Application Form No. generated after online form submission.
- In case any deficiency is found at the time of scrutiny of the form regarding any information given/documents required to be uploaded, an SMS will be sent to the Candidate on his/her registered mobile number.
- Candidate’s form will be unlocked and he/she will be able to upload the additional document demanded on receiving the SMS regarding deficiency, if any
- Application form submitted after due date or incomplete in any respect will not be accepted.
- The declaration given in the admission form to be downloaded after allotment of college should also be signed by the Parent/Guardian.
Upload Certificates/Testimonials, Scanned Photograph and Signature
- 1. One set of scanned original testimonials/certificates should be uploaded (in .pdf format only) with the admission form:- The declaration given in the admission form to be downloaded after allotment of college should also be signed by the Parent/Guardian.
- Matriculation Certificate for Date of Birth.
- University/ Board DMC of the lower examination.
- Character Certificate from the institution last attended or from a gazetted officer in case of private candidates. (Specimen of the form is given at the end of the Prospectus)
- Migration Certificate/ Inter-University Migration Certificate.
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Physically Challenged Persons/Sports/Defence/ Freedom Fighter’s Ward/Kashmiri Displaced Person’s Ward/Descendants of Kargil Martyrs/Single Girl Child/One out of only Two Girl Children/Cancer/AIDS/ Thalassemia Patients/Border Area/Rural Area/Excelled in Youth Festival.
- Sports Gradation Certificate from Chandigarh Sports Department for both U.T Pool and General Pool Candidates.
- Equivalence certificate from Panjab University of the last course passed by the candidate (where required).
- 2. Candidates are also required to upload
- Scanned passport size photo of the applicant (not more than 50kb).
- Scanned signature of the applicant (not more than 50kb).
Note: The provisionally selected admitted candidates shall have to deposit the fees on the same day of counselling in E-Samparkcentres across Chandigarh through Cash/Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.