The college acted as one stop shop for addressing all needs of Nutrition during PoshanMaah, PoshanPakhwada and PoshanAbhiyan in totality
A series of the activities were conducted during PoshanMaah (sept 2018) like:-
• Participation of students in Healthy recipe competition
• Quiz and demonstration on low cost nutritious recipes.
• Interactive Session on Nutrition during First 1000 Days,
• Nutrition and Health Mela,
• Preparation and Sale of Low Cost Nutritious Snacks
• Knowledge & Assessment of Safe Food Handling Practices
• Slogan Writing Competition
• Workshop on Food Safety and Adulteration
• Anaemia Free Chandigarh Campaign
• Poshan Rally at Sukhna Lake
• NukkadNatak on Nutrition awareness & Dietary consultation at various places Daria, Ramdarbar, Khuda Ali Sher & in the college campus.
• Preparation & Release of Booklet Su-poshanwritten by Prof. SudhaKatyal(Principal) and published by Deptt. of Social Welfare , covering nutritional requirements & low cost healthy recipes was released by His Excellency Hon’ble Governor Sh. V. P. Singh Badnore.
Fashion Show – Aakriti
The college exhibited its fashion show – Aakriti which was planned keeping in sync with global goals of UN (2030 agenda). It revolved around the theme - Khadi for Nation, Khadi for Fashion so as to promote eco-friendly, carbon free, biodegradable and sustainable Khadi- fabric of the future. It provided a grand platform for showcasing the creativity of budding fashion designers, models and entrepreneurs of the college.The goal of this fashion show was to provide an opportunity to the students for start-ups and entrepreneurship.
Home science fest – 2019: A step to encourage Entrepreneurship
The college organisedHome Science Fest on March 8, 2019 in the campus keeping afloat the spirit of the main motto ‘Earn while you learn’.
• Skill development
• The fest served as a platform for our college students to hone their entrepreneurial skills and have first-hand experience of having a start-up.
• Home Scientists as young entrepreneurs displayed their skills and talents by putting up a number of stalls.
• Social Awareness
• Fest witnessed collaborations with various department like Social welfare deptt UT, Chandigarh, State legal services Authority, Election Deptt and Red Cross Society
• Environmental Awareness
• The fest also focused on generating environmental awareness by putting up stall on demonstrating eco friendly approaches like composting from waste, natural colours for holi, segregation of watse etc collaborating with Deptt of Environment, UT, Chandigarh.
• Empowerment of Women- Psychological, Emotional and financial
• The event marked a tribute to empower females and all efforts made by the college through the curriculum, workshops and seminars in helping develop our girl’s entrepreneurial skills. Inter colleges competitions were held on the theme of environment and women empowerment including face painting, rangoli making and slogan writing.
• Felicitation of Alumni
• Some of the successful alumni such as Cookie Marwaha an established baker, Dietician Shreya who runs 14 diet clinics around India and Mrs. Shweta Khanna owner of Flaunt Couture , a designer clothing brand in Elante Mall were felicitated during the event.
• Recreational Activities
• The stalls put up by students of various departments showcased their artistic and creative abilities through a variety of creative and eco-friendly products which were indeed a crowd puller.. A very special segment catering to the interest of the kids included a variety of rides and games
• An array of edible delights attracted a huge footfall
• Startups Encouragement
• Budding entrepreneurs of the college who have launched their start-ups in the digital world were felicitated.
• Special attractions of the event included fun psychological games, nutritious munchies, skill testing, display of textile upholstery, joy rides, junk stall, diet clinic/health mela to name a few.
Back to Top